Sunday, July 12, 2009

July

It's unrealistic of me to think I can post something weekly. We'll go for monthly updates!! July was a good month. Harper turned one month old on July 18th and she had special visitors from her God Family (the Dooley's), to Granny and Papaw (my stepmother and father), Grandmommie (my mom), Little Max (Sharon's baby born one week after Harper), Aunt Michelle, and her Uncle Choo Choo.

She's still feeding every two to three hours, so we're not getting too much sleep, but we get shut eye when we can. Her favorite sleeping position is now on top of my chest with her head against my heart. We snuggle like that on the couch for hours at a time.

She's made a few trips to Whole Foods Market and she does great! Wade pushes her in the stroller while I shop for groceries.

We also all go on daily walks as I've been given the go ahead to start working out (yeah!). We walk about two miles around the neighborhood first thing in the morning and she loves it.

One thing we haven't mastered yet is the bath. We learned very quickly that a baby must poop before placing one in the bath water. Mom and Wade and I laughed and laughed! We've gone back to sponge bathes, but will try again today (7/29). Keep your fingers crossed!

We are now all sleeping upstairs in the front guest room. We have a day bed up there with a trundle and we place Harper in her bouncy seat in between us on the floor. When she wakes up, I take her into her room to nurse in the rocking chair. It's very peaceful.

Harper is also starting to smile and it just melts our hearts! She's becoming more alert as each day passes and that first laugh is right around the corner.

Harper, Leah & Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment